The crime rates in our subway system have reached all-time highs, which has deterred ridership and put our City’s residents at risk. If New York City is going to make a comeback, we must restore safety to our subways. For over 42 years, I have been dedicated to patrolling our subways and streets.
Now as NYC Mayor, I will restore safety to our subways through the following actions:
- Add 4,500 uniformed and 500 undercover NYPD officers to patrol the subways.
- Add 500 MTA officers to combat fare evasion.
- Assign uniformed NYPD officers to patrol moving subway cars while trains are en route.
- Remove emotionally disturbed persons from the subways and bring them to psychiatric care facilities.
- Remove homeless persons from subways and bring them to homeless shelters.